What kind of special payment and financing options are available to UCLA?
The UCLA Store offers exclusive financing options for qualifying customers.
- UCLA students can make purchases using their Bruin Bill account, allowing for the option to apply eligible financial aid funds to technology and course materials purchases. Students should consult UCLA Financial Aid(https://financialaid.ucla.edu) to best understand the process and comply with UCLA financial aid policies.
- 0% Financing for up to 3 years is available to the UCLA Community through the Wescom Technology Loan. Developed in partnership between the UCLA Store and Wescom, this program aims to allow our community to get the technology they need and pay over time responsibly. Get more details on this exclusive program here.
The UCLA Computer Store's TechZone is a one stop shop for advice, troubleshooting and repairing your computer hardware as well as mobile devices. We also offer experienced guidance on how to use your technology on campus, including helping you setup recurring backups of your data and setting up your UCLA accounts. Stop by in person, or call or e-mail to set up a remote support session!How do I know what computer is best for my major?
Most current computers will be able to handle the rigors of day to day academic life. However, disciplines such as Engineering, Architecture, Arts, and others will benefit from computers with stronger graphics processors and increased RAM. Ask our store technologists for suggestions! We also recommend checking in with your major's departmental website for any specific requirements and resources that are available to UCLA students. Here are some helpful links for schools on campus.
- Engineering - https://www.seasnet.ucla.edu/computing-information-for-new-students/
- Architecture and Urban Design - https://audhelpdesk.wixsite.com/support/hardware
- Design Media Arts - https://dma.ucla.edu/undergrad/program/
- David Geffen School of Medicine - https://it.uclahealth.org/about/dgit/getting-started/onboarding-students
- UCLA Anderson School of Management - https://www.anderson.ucla.edu/about/information-and-technology/new-mba-student-information
In general, you'll want your essential productivity software like Microsoft Office, which is provided FREE to all full-time UCLA students through the UCLA IT Support Center at https://www.it.ucla.edu/it-support-center. Ask us about other FREE tools that UCLA offers to students like anti-virus and theft protection. Your academic discipline may offer require specific software tools, some of which are available at academic pricing through the UCLA Store, and others through lab environments. Feel free to contact us if you need something specific and we will help guide you in the right direction!What accessories do you recommend?
First and foremost we recommend PROTECTING your devices and we have a great selection of cases for your computers, tablets, and smartphones. Secondly, we offer power packs to keep your mobile devices running all day and to keep you PRODUCTIVE. Finally, for the FUN things in life, we have a great selection of audio accessories and fitness gear to enhance your technology lifestyle.How can I save more on my computer purchase?
In addition to taking advantage of academic pricing and summer promotions, you can also trade-in older technology for credit towards your new purchase. Visit our Trade-in Portal to get started!
We also recommend lowering your overall total cost of ownership by attaching a 3 or 4-year Protection Plan to your computer purchase. AppleCare+ and Dell Premium Support are two of the manufacturer plans we offer. We also recommend the Safeware Protection Plan – for one price you can get theft protection, extended warranty coverage for up to 4 years, and coverage for damage due to accidents, drops, and spills! This coverage will protect your investment and give you peace of mind for your entire career here at UCLA.