Information Collected by ASUCLA
Our Sites are made available to you to provide information about our services and enterprises and the products offered. You can browse our Sites without providing any personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number or social security number.
When you access and use our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, we may collect information about your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website that referred you to us. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
The Sites and any communications sent by ASUCLA may contain electronic images (generally, single pixel ".gif" images) called "web beacons." These web beacons allow ASUCLA and third parties authorized by ASUCLA to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of a web page, email message or other communication,
such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the device identifier of the device the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons may be used to count unique users, visits and page views; monitor traffic and conversion patterns; personalize your experience when you visit the Sites, including advertising and content you see; and determine whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked and/or notifications/offers were acted upon.
We also collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you register for an account, participate in a promotion or sweepstakes, request a catalog or other materials, locate or make inquiries to specific departments, request information or otherwise contact ASUCLA. Such information may include: contact information (name, address, telephone number, social media username/handle, mobile phone and/or email address, etc.); academic area or interest (biology, anthropology, human studies, medicine, etc.); demographic information (age, academic status, marital status, size of household, income, etc.); and marketing profile information (admissions date, graduation date, alumni status, parent, friend, etc.) Finally, we may obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect directly from you.
How We Use Your Information
Non-personal information is used to generate statistics and to measure site activity in order to improve the usefulness of the site for our visitors.
· When we collect information you provide (i.e. name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit card numbers) when placing an order. We also collect click-stream information including the URL of the site that you came from before visiting our site, and which browser you are using to view our site.
· When you make an online purchase, we use your information to process your order. We also send an e-mail confirming your order, and may need to contact you via phone if we have any questions regarding your order. We do not use your e-mail address to send e-mail announcements about our products, services or promotions, but you have the option of signing up for this service by selecting
the email signup link. All of your information collected is strictly kept within our databases. We do not authorize any third parties, including any UCLA-affiliated group, access to your information. It is used solely for the purpose of processing your online order.
· Should you choose to subscribe to any of our e-mail lists, your information is also kept strictly within our organization.
· You can click on “My Account” and log in with your e-mail address and password. Once you are logged in, you are able to change any account information.
· If you subscribed to our e-mail lists and decide you would prefer not to receive our promotional e-mails, you can be removed from our list by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any e-mail sent to you from us.
Personal Information may also be used to:
· operate and improve our Sites
· provide information about our institution and send you related information, including confirmations, brochures, academic notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
· respond to comments, questions or requests for information and provide customer service;
generate site analytics to improve our website and the user experience.
Sharing Your Information
· when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site/s that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
· with vendors, contractors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that does not directly identify you.
Updating Your Information
You can click on “My Account” and log in with your e-mail address and password. Once you are logged in, you are able to change any account information. If you subscribe to our e-mail lists and decide you would prefer not to receive our promotional e-mails, you can be removed from our list by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any e-mail sent to you from us.
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Third Party Links
Last Updated: September 1, 2021